Sun, 12 Dec|
Virtual via ZOOM: Stretch and tone matwork Pilates (50-min mixed-level) | PILATES GIVES
Using your body weight, the class progresses from deep stretching to strengthening your powerhouse. We can’t guarantee if you would break a sweat. But we are sure you will feel your muscles burning at the end of the class. Suitable for all levels. Donation: $20 to join virtual session.
Time & Location
12 Dec 2021, 10:10 am – 11:00 am
About the Event
With a focus on the core essence of Pilates, the class will start you off with a full body workout where you will feel totally stretched out. Our muscles would enjoy the extra tender loving care you give to them as you take this time to unlock the tightness around your knees, hips, neck and shoulders.
Strengthening is another critical component in muscle care that we are focussing in this class. Engaging the muscles to do what they are meant to do for your body – holding the body upright; lifting your arms overhead; springing up from sit to stand and stand to sit with ease; taking off into a sprint after the MRT train, etc – all require activating our muscles and waking up our core powerhouse for you to move efficiently.
Using your body weight, the class progresses into strengthening your powerhouse. We can’t guarantee if you would break a sweat. But we are sure you will feel your muscles burning at the end of the class.
A minimum of SGD50 donation entitles you to join us in-person at the studio for the matwork class. Alternatively, you may join the virtual class with a donation of SGD20.
Things to prepare for the session:
- Floor mat to lie on for floor work exercises
- Water bottle filled with water/beverage to hydrate yourself
- Comfortable sports attire, preferrably stretchable and form fitting
- A pair of non-slip socks to be worn during the session
- Towel (optional)
- The event would be photographed and recorded on video for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be featured in the photographs or footage, please let the organiser know ahead of the event.
- Read more about our studio sponsor: Krav Maga Singapore
- If you decide to join us in the studio, please take note of the following:
- Our studio sponsor, Krav Maga Singapore, is nicely located on level 5 and you would have a great warm-up climbing 280 steps to reach the studio :) Do come in a nice pair of walking shoes to climb the stairs up.
- There are toilet and shower facilities in the studio (Read more: Facilities — Krav Maga Singapore). You would need to bring your own towel and toiletries if you'd like to freshen up after the class.
- All participants entering the studio have to be fully vaccinated according to the studio policy.
- Please donate $50 or more to join the in-person session.
About the Instructors:
We believe in non-conformity.
We believe in the uniqueness of each individual body.
We believe in the power of Pilates and barefoot science to transform our well-being in entirety.
We are three Instructors with varied backgrounds but very similar training and philosophy in life.
We share a common love: the love to share and to build each other up.
We are here to embrace our belief in how Pilates and barefoot science can be a life-changing experience for every individual.
We are truly privileged to share it with you through PILATES GIVES.
We look forward to experiencing December with you.
Lei Mui SEE | Shirley RUESEN | Rachel LOKE