Sun, 12 Dec|
Virtual via ZOOM: Weekend unwind (50-min matwork) | PILATES GIVES
Engage in deep breathing exercises to detoxify & relax the entire body. From the base of your foot to the crown of your head, let your breath bring you to the next level of well-being. Suitable for anyone who has been experiencing muscle tightness. Donation: $20 to join virtual session via ZOOM.
Time & Location
12 Dec 2021, 9:00 am – 9:50 am SGT
About the Event
In this 50-minute session, our instructors will bring you through a series of exercises where you would engage in deep breathing and awakened to the muscles you may not be aware of.
Deep breathing helps us to detoxify to the deepest levels of our lungs. It also wakes up your deepest core muscles to let you feel a sense of elongating your spine to the crown of your head.
Our lungs are three dimensional; our body is intertwined; our well-being starts from the ground up.
Our feet is often overlooked with shoes on. During the session, we will spend some time on barefoot and bare hands to bring sensory activation to your bodies.
Come and experience for yourselves how your breath can bring you to the next level of your well-being.
A minimum of SGD50 donation entitles you to join us in-person at the studio for the matwork class. Alternatively, you may join the virtual class with a donation of SGD20.
Things to prepare for the session:
- Floor mat to lie on for floor work exercises
- Water bottle filled with water/beverage to hydrate yourself
- A pebble of closed palm size for muscle release
- Comfortable sports attire, preferrably stretchable and form fitting
- A pair of non-slip socks to be worn during the session
- Towel (optional)
- The event would be photographed and recorded on video for publicity purposes. If you do not wish to be featured in the photographs or footage, please let the organiser know ahead of the event.
- Read more about our studio sponsor: Krav Maga Singapore
- If you decide to join us in the studio, please take note of the following:
- Our studio sponsor, Krav Maga Singapore, is nicely located on level 5 and you would have a great warm-up climbing 280 steps to reach the studio :) Do come in a nice pair of walking shoes to climb the stairs up.
- There are toilet and shower facilities in the studio (Read more: Facilities — Krav Maga Singapore). You would need to bring your own towel and toiletries if you'd like to freshen up after the class.
- All participants entering the studio have to be fully vaccinated according to the studio policy.
- Please donate $50 or more to join the in-person session.
About the Instructors:
We believe in non-conformity.
We believe in the uniqueness of each individual body.
We believe in the power of Pilates and barefoot science to transform our well-being in entirety.
We are three Instructors with varied backgrounds but very similar training and philosophy in life.
We share a common love: the love to share and to build each other up.
We are here to embrace our belief in how Pilates and barefoot science can be a life-changing experience for every individual.
We are truly privileged to share it with you through PILATES GIVES.
We look forward to experiencing December with you.
Lei Mui SEE | Shirley RUESEN | Rachel LOKE